Re: [suse-multimedia-e] xine dvd support 9.1
  • From: Marc van Munnen <m.van.munnen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 15:20:35 +0200
Mirco,

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:51:21 +0000, Mirco wrote:
> Has anyone any idea as where to find a driver or support for a Creative
> webcam NX?
> I'm running Suse Linux 9.2 prof and to my surprise, given the price I
> had to pay for it, there's no support for webcam and further to that no
> support for dvd.
>
> Any help ........I'm desperate to chuck that bloody windows xp out of
> the window it came from.

For Xine with CSS-unscrambling you may also look here:
http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/xine/
It's just al legal question. MS has paid the huge licence-fee, and SuSE did not because (I presume) it's too expensive.
So officially it may be illegal to watch your DVD's at your pc with Linux.

Marc

--
XS2Mail: Check your mail anywhere http://www.xs2mail.com/