pinnacle pctv problems
  • From: "Samuel Braun" <sambraun@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:38:24 +0100
Hello guys

Recently i installed the new suse linux 9.0 on my computer.
The computer has also a pinnacle pctv pci card inside.

The setup detected the card automatically.
After playing around with the tv applications (kwintv, xawtv) I noticed,
that I'm not able to get all the channels.
I considered the channels list from our cablenet. I noticed that all UHF
channels and some VHF OSB channels are impossible to get.

I found out that, it has something to do with the driver, because before I
had linux on my computer I used windows and there the tv card worked very
well with all channels. The cable is also working correctly, checked it with
a normal TV.

So I started yast and went to the tv-card section. Here I'm able to select a
tuner. The default option, which was selected, is standard tuner.
I tried a few, but the problem is that I don't exactly know which tuner
device I have.
But there was no change to the channels problem.

Today I tried to look for some tuner names directly on the pci card, but I
didn't find anything. One one big "chip" there is the pinnacle logo and on
one another chip there is "Connexant Fusion 878A".

My channellist (frequencies):
http://www.cablecom.ch/tvradio/sendertabelle.htm?type=plz&keyword=943500&asc
=1#Tv

< Previous Next >