Re: [suse-multimedia-e] Problems with Turtle Beach sound card on SuSE 8.1
  • From: Magnar Olsen <magols@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 18:44:26 +0100
Paul wrote:

Magnar Strand Olsen wrote:

Hello,

I recently installed SuSE 8.1, and it generally installed like a dream,
detected my hardware all right - although I did have to change the
soundcard from CS 42?? to CS 46xx (I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz).
Now, the sound from the card is very distorted - it sounds like the sound
is coming from a tin can. On my previous SuSE install (8.0) it sounded
wonderful.
I know ALSA has been upgraded since SuSE 8.0, and that the sound drivers
for the Santa Cruz has been modified (it now accepts more than one
simultaneous audio stream).

Has anyone else experienced problems of this kind, is there a fix, or is
there a fault in the driver?

acpi can cause sound problems like that. If you boot with acpi=off is the sound still dodgy?

Yes, I tried that after reading your reply - I also tried booting with the failsafe option. The sound is still tinny...

Magnar.

  • No further messages