Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-multimedia-de (374 mails)

< Previous Next >
linuxdriver: [suse-multimedia] MPEG-4; mpeg-2; mpeg-1; card for v ideoserver
  • From: WEIDL Gerion <Gerion.WEIDL@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:51:06 +0200

http://www.sigmadesigns.com/products/xcard_features_specifications.htm

Hallo an die Linux-Runde,

wir haben hier ein Problem und benötigen für unsere Videoserver MPEG KArten,
die folgende Standards unterstützen.

Profil:
MPEG-4 advanced simple profile level 5*
MPEG-2 MP@ML
MPEG-1
720x576 maximum source resolution

Von obiger Karte weiß ich, dass die nur Windowstreiber einsetzen und Linux
noch nicht supporten.
Kann mir hier jemand helfen und mir eine Karte und Hersteller vorschlagen,
die obiges Profil erfüllt.

Hello to the Linux-round,

we have here a problem and need for our videoservers cArd MPEG(MAPS MPEG)
which support the following standards.

Profile:
MPEG-4 advanced simple profiles level 5*
MPEG-2 MP@ML
MPEG-1
720x576 maximum source resolution

I know of above X-Card that only Windows drivers will get support and until
yet they don't have support for Linux drivers. If somebody can help me here
and suggest a video card to me who fulfills above profile for Linux
machines.

Playback Functionality:

----

Plays DVD-Video, Superbit(tm) DVD, Super VideoCD (SVCD), and VideoCD (VCD)
1.x, 2.0
Plays DivX(tm) video (version 4.02 or later), MPEG-4, MPEG-2 and MPEG-1
files
Play NTSC titles on PAL televisions, PAL titles on NTSC televisions
Brightness, contrast, and color saturation controls
You control the viewing experience
Full Frame (4:3 video for 4:3 display)
Letterbox (16:9 video for 4:3 display, DVD playback only)
Pan and Scan (16:9 video for 4:3 display, DVD playback only)
Widescreen (16:9 video for 16:9 display)
View movies on your television or VGA monitor (full-screen only)

----

Audio / Video Outputs:

----

Composite and s-video output (NTSC/PAL)
Progressive or interlaced component YPbPr video output, scalable up to HDTV
resolution (DVD playback limited to 480i, 576i and 480p)
Optional SCART RGB connector kit available
Stereo analog line output (mini-jack)
S/PDIF digital audio output (RCA)

----

Video Decoding: