Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-mobile (4 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-mobile] HTC-USB modem
  • From: "Ivan N. Zlatev" <contact@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 09:42:01 +0000
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 8:44 AM, medwinz <medwinz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 2:34 AM, Richard <r.mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, I have an HP omnibook X3 with opensuse 11.0 running. Now I want to
use a smartphone as wireless modem. I have connected a t-mobile MDA
("HTC-USB-modem") via USB with my notebook. I tried to configure it as a
modem with Yast. But... does the kernel (it is 2.6... I think) contain
the needed module?
And, if yes, which port do have I to use? Unfortunately there are
no /dev/USB-ports, but /dev/ACM0 (or similar, I don't have the computer
here).
Thanks for answering,
Richard

Hi,

I can manage to use my Nokia E51 as gprs modem or 3G modem using USB
cable or bluetooth. Take a look at here
http://medwinz.blogsome.com/2008/07/28/internet-connection-with-nokia-e51/
http://medwinz.blogsome.com/2008/08/16/internet-connection-with-nokia-e51-on-opensuse110-with-bluetooth/

Maybe it can help.

The whole gprs/-* stuff seems too complex. I personally found it very
easy to get my E71 working with wvdial -
http://i-nz.net/2008/09/18/nokia-e71-as-a-usb-or-bluetooth-3g-data-modem-on-linux/
.

--
Kind Regards,