Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-mobile (16 mails)

< Previous Next >
[opensuse-mobile] hardware recommendation for you guys here.
  • From: Mathias Homann <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:57:20 +0100
Hi,

I recently bought a new laptop. It's a HP Pavillion dv6230ea. And what's
pretty rare for a laptop, EVERY little bit of its hardware works on openSUSE
10.2 (boxed). Well, everything except the built-in modem and the expresscard
slot, which might work but I don't know yet. Haven't tested the modem because
I don't care about it, and I can't test the expresscard slot because I dont
have an expresscard.

So, if anyone here's been looking for a good linux laptop, that one's quite an
option. Sells for around 850€ here in .de, and does really good performance,
even in games. I mean, UT2004 at full resolution and highest detail settings,
and it runs smooth like a pixar movie...

bye,
MH