Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-mobile (24 mails)

< Previous Next >
[opensuse-mobile] fixing virtual resolution only for external vga?
  • From: "Sebastian Reitenbach" <reitenbach@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:31:58 -0000
Hi list,

I am trying to get a projector working on a dell D 820. This machine has a
1680x1050 resolution on its display. When I configure it with SaX2, to show a
1024x768 or 1280x1024 resolution on the external port, I get a 1024x1024
resolution out of it.
Then I tried to switch through the resolutions via Ctrl+Alt+Plus. When I am at
1024x768, then the external VGA resolution switchted to that resolution too,
but the virtual resolution was still larger.

Then I tried to fix the virtual Resolution via a Virtual 1024 788 line in the
Display SubSections of the xorg.conf file. This made the external port
working, but this also fixed the resolution on the display to 1024x768 too.

I think I need to fix the virtual resolution of the external display somehow,
without affecting the resolution of the LCD.
Is there a way, with or without SaX?

kind regards
Sebastian