Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-mobile (24 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-mobile] Problems with hibernate / suspend to ram / openSuSE 10.2
  • From: Dieter Jurzitza <dieter.jurzitza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 20:20:36 +0100
Dear Stefan,
thank you for the hint. Two points here:
1.) to get the internal modem work, I had to use proprietary drivers from
Conexant. They include a module for the intel - sound driver, so the problem
with the unloading of it is to blame to Conexant and has nothing to do on the
SuSE Buglist.

2.) However, your second suggestion regarding kpowersave does not work (for
me). Whatever I enter that should be done following a resume event is simply
silently ignored.
I can enter any program here, nothing happens. No logging occurs, all the
options that can be configured in the resume / suspend dialogues have no
impact on anything. If I say "log into a file" nothing happens, it seems as
if kpowersave would not be working (but it does). My configs all show
in .kde/share/config/kpowerrc and kpower.events.

I wonder whether there is a debug option for kpowersave. If you know how to
debug this, I would highly appreciate any hint.
Many thanks in advance,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

*****
> This works fine for me without killing kmix. So you should probably
> file a bugzilla entry against component kernel, for your broken sound
****
> An (ugly, but working) hack is to do it via kpowersave notifications.
****

\
/\_/\ |
\ /- \_/

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)