Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-mobile (24 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-mobile] Problems with hibernate / suspend to ram / openSuSE 10.2
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <seife@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:39:40 +0100
On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 03:24:20PM +0100, dieter.jurzitza@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Dear listmembers,
> my new laptop causes me a specific issue with kmix. Using kde, the kmix
> process keeps a hand on the sound module so it cannot be unloaded.
> Therefore hibernate / suspend initially did not work.

This works fine for me without killing kmix. So you should probably
file a bugzilla entry against component kernel, for your broken sound
driver.

> I finalized the process kmix now by adding the appropriate script in
> /etc/pm, however, the question arises now how to ensure that the kmix
> process is restarted in the users context at restart?
> I appreciate any comment,

An (ugly, but working) hack is to do it via kpowersave notifications.
Configure the "system notifications" in the control center. Select
Kpowersave as an event source and then for the event "resumed from ...",
under "advanced..." select "execute a program". This makes it possible to
run arbitrary commands in the context of the user, although i must admit
that it is really hacky :-)

--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices | "Any ideas, John?"