Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-mobile-de (28 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-mobile] How to speed up suspend to disk (ram)?
  • From: Timo Hoenig <thoenig@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 10:43:09 +0100
Hi Jan,

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 10:37 +0100, Jan Eichstaedt wrote:

> Is this list still active?

Seems like it is.

> How can I speed up suspend to disk on a Toshiba Satellite Pro L100 using 10.1?
>
> Even better, I reckon, would be to use suspend to ram but I was not able to
> get it running. Any suggestions?

Could you please elaborate what you have been trying to do?

You can find pointers on how to do power management on our distributions
on [1]. As a first step I recommend checking whether the powersave
daemon is active (`chkconfig powersaved`) and play around with one of
the front ends (see "Powersave clients" at the above link).

Timo

[1] Projects Powersave
http://en.opensuse.org/Projects_Powersave