Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-mobile-de (151 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [suse-laptop] Powermanagement for Acer Aspire 3020
  • From: Stefan Seyfried <seife@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 20:17:58 +0100
On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 09:32:05PM +0200, K. Elo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an Acer Aspire 3020 with SL 9.3 Pro and KDE 3.5.0 and just cannot
> configure a workaround for the power management. The core problem is
> the battery status which remains "-1%" all the time and there are no
> warnings before the battery is empty (causing the laptop to die...).

ACER is famous for shipping DSDTs without ACPI CM-battery support.
Try if you can get a BIOS update or complain to ACER.
If this does not help, writing a "smart battery" driver would be
highly appreciated ;-)

To verify if this is really the case, please post the contents of
/proc/acpi/battery/*/*
--
Stefan Seyfried

< Previous Next >