Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-mobile-de (333 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [suse-laptop] Problem mit SuSE 9.2 auf Thinkpad T22
  • From: Teemu Nikkilä <tnikkila@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:57:10 +0200
Jakob Wefers wrote:

Vielleicht ein anderer Sound-Treiber...? Das deaktivieren des Soundsystems unter KDE hilft nicht, genauso wie das manuelle ausschalten der Lautsprecher. Weiss jemand weiter und kann mir einen Rat geben? Mfg, Jakob

I'm sorry to say that I dont't understand German too well, but I guess you are hearing the same sound I have on my T21. I have no idea about the origin of the tone, but you could try the following if they help:
-plug something to the USB port (a mouse should do)
-configure KDE (arts) to never release the soundcard
-plug a pair of headphones to the headphone jack (can you hear the tone from the headphones?)
-boot with acpi=off apm=on (in my case the sound stays away until I do a suspend to RAM and then resume).

Please report if anything helps or doesn't, maybe somebody has an idea.

-Teemu