Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-mobile-de (438 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [suse-laptop] Choppy sound on Vaio with powersaved on 9.1
  • From: Kasimir.Mueller@xxxxxxxxxxx (Kasimir Müller)
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 17:25:51 +0200
Diego Camacho wrote:

When playing a sound from KDE and/or ALSA, and the powersaved daemon is running, I get choppy sound. If I stop powersaved with "rcpowersaved stop" the sound is normal again. This choppy sound is as the sound does not comes out for some miliseconds various times per second. This choppy effect is regular in time.

OK , I think I solved the problem finally:
I installed a DSDT Table for my DELL Inspiron 8200 from http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/tables
following the guidelines in the SUSE-Handbook p. 237 (In German).
Now mp3s sound flawlessly via wlan from my server to my laptop.

So my advice is to find a suitable DSDT for your laptop and install it.

mfg

kjm