Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-mingw (37 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-mingw] Python script to download packages from the download repository
  • From: Fridrich Strba <fridrich.strba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 00:19:04 +0200
Maarten,

On 21/03/2011 15:38, Maarten Bosmans wrote:
For a couple of months now I am using a python script to automate the
downloading of packages for windows. as it might by of interest for
more people, I have now cleaned it up a bit. See attached file. Keep
in mind that although very much usable, this is still work in
progress.

I love this script. I used it on Linux with python 3.1 and p7zip as well as on Cygwin with the python 3.1 from cygwinports.org and the p7zip that comes with Cygwin.

I just wanted to ask you how hard would it be to add two possibilities:

1) Download all packages in a noarch part of a repository (each one without dependencies) and convert them to zip.

2) Add an option which would be triggering a creation of a kind of manifest inside a zip that would list the dependencies and provides of the given package, naturally, if it is mingw32-<somepackage> only <somepackage> and if it is mingw32(<somedll>) only <somedll>.

Such a script would maybe allow us to be able to run it regularily and provide zip files for download.

I am ~zero in python, so asking you :)

Thanks again

F.