Re: [opensuse-marketing] Re: [opensuse-artwork] having fun... ???
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 22:42:14 +0100
On Monday 13 February 2012 12:18:18 Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hey,

On 13.02.2012 11:38, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Monday 06 February 2012 23:18:59 Marcel Richter wrote:
I think these old jokes are too old, too often heared. And it
shouldn't be too geeky.

Yes, they are a tad old... It would be better to have something fresh.
But Geeky is absolutely OK imho. I also like
"Without geometry, life is pointless"
quite a bit, not sure how to add a geeko to that one however.

openS.U.S.E. and the geometry forms of the old SUSE boxes relate to that
perfectly. But maybe too insider'ish...

Hmmm, I actually think its fine. The relationship to openSUSE doesn't have to
be 100% obvious I'd say. Maybe someone can come up with a funny picture or
design around the "without geometry, life is pointless" - be sure to write
the i's without dot ;-)

openSUSE doesn't have to be prominent as it only makes sense for a Geeko (if
at all) anyway.

Then there is the "I commit to openSUSE" which I think is a nice pun on the
two meanings of commit. I think that's a fine t-shirt too and the design is
OK, just a bit too busy. I'd remove the logo, write 'openSUSE' in the same
font as the rest - and be done with it :D

The back of both t-shirts could be the same - the lizzard tail.

Then, I'd say we need at least a third... anyone any more suggestions?

I do like the idea by Kim of doing some funny geeko pictures and some
slogans... But it needs some artwork-creativity by somebody.

Henne
< Previous Next >