Re: [opensuse-marketing] Next try for G+?
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 01:15:09 +0100
On 2011-11-07 19:53:24 (+0100), Kim Leyendecker <leyendecker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Here´s a recent Google blog post, which refers to the world wide
launch of Google Pages. As seen that bands (like The All-American
Rejects, well done, guys ;-) ) and also companies (like Macy´s) are
having such a pages account, we also should go for one. We discussed
about using Google+ for openSUSE in the past and especially during
release time, this could be helpfull.

So, here´s the blogpost:

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/google-pages-connect-with-all-things.html

Anyone understood this and want to create such an account? I haven´t
understood really so far, but I just scanned the text to see if
openSUSE is allowed to use it at all.

I've created one, to experiment with it:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/104680212780779744464

What is not clear at all right now is how to add more people to
it... If it's only me (or whoever else), it's rather pointless
:\

To get the branded page, we need to do this:
https://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=1708844

I've put admin@o.o in CC.

cheers
--