Re: [opensuse-marketing] openSUSE/Linux crash statistics available anywhere?
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:27:55 +0100
On 2011-10-30 22:44:10 (+0100), Kim Leyendecker <leyendecker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
[...]
So, the thought of a crash statistic (which OS crashes more?) about
Linux vs. Windows came to my mind.

Does we (or others) have such a statistic? I would love comparing
both OS´s in different areas, foremost stability.

Such numbers are not available and, even then, how would those
be collected in the first place ?
* what's a crash? an application? the kernel?
* using a beta or a stable? a package from the distro or an
addon repo?

And.. you will *never* get such numbers for Windows or Microsoft
applications, that's for sure :)

Actually, no one wants to collect and publish such numbers in
the first place.

cheers
--
-o) Pascal Bleser