Re: [opensuse-marketing] 12.1 Release Date Decision
2011/10/3 Kim Leyendecker <kimleyendecker@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Am 03.10.2011 15:21, schrieb Bryen M. Yunashko:

Coolo has asked in several places whether we should change the release
date of openSUSE 12.1 to November 16 due to the recent shift in the
release of our Beta.

I personally think this is a good idea.  Specific reason for this is
because the original roadmap release date was to release on a Friday,
November 11.  This really isn't a good idea and I would recommend we
release on a Wednesday to allow for news media to remark about thhis
release, thus getting people curious in time for the weekend to download
and install on their machines.

Do we have any thoughts other than above for release date?  The time is
very short for us to recommend a different date or concur with Coolo's
suggestion for November 16.   So let's comment now here in this thread
and by end of tomorrow I will forward the thoughts to coolo.

+1

I guess the best would be to release it under the week, just to get a bigger
press echo.

/Kim

--
 -o) Kim Leyendecker
 /\\ openSUSE Ambassador, openSUSE Wiki Team DE

The sooner the better!

Here in Brazil we're planning an openSUSE Brazilian meeting on 16th
and 17th-18th will be happening LinuxCon. Would be better get there
with 12.1 released already! Just 1 day could make a huge difference
for us.

Izabel