Re: [opensuse-marketing] github?
On Tuesday 27 September 2011 10:05:27 jdd wrote:
I'm far from being a git expert!

But browsing about etherpad-lite, I find the github site:

https://github.com/

much more frienly than our gitorious one

they say "free for opensource"

waiting for our own one, may be this could be better? there is even a
wiki associated to the git account, √Ęckages seems to be individually
dowloadable.

Github is better than gitorious in many ways, and we already use it for a
couple of openSUSE projects (see https://github.com/openSUSE)

The only real disadvantage is that Github is not free software. They are very
friendly to free software and participate in free software quite a bit, but
most of github itself is proprietary.

--
Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx>