Re: [opensuse-marketing] Special Announcement - Ambassador Travel Funding
  • From: Kostas Koudaras <warlordfff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 23:04:05 +0300
2011/7/29 Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxx>:
On Friday, July 29, 2011 11:03:12 AM Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr) wrote:
Hello,

Regarding the deadline, it's good to know when the event takes place for
the budget.
A question-note I have is this:

In Greece we know the big events we'll apply. We don't know the exact
day though. We discuss it at our first ambassadors meeting. So the
person who will create the page where we can enter the event, have to
make space for the month and not the exacd date of the month and also
how many will attend to the booth or talk.

What about smaller events that people invite us? An example here was the
event we went a day before Christmas in Florina. We decided to go about
a week before. So regarding the timelines you give us, we had to know
that on October 1st.

Regarding the type of the events or talks, I think more important is the
booth staff because we talk to people about our project.

Let's be realistic: We have limited money and thus won't be able to fund each
and every event - and we need to find our way with the setup.

We can reserve some money for ad-hoc events - but the money Jos currently has
vanishes at the end of a fiscal quarter, so we cannot keep it for ever and
thus prefer to spend everything instead of money vanishing...

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, Program Manager openSUSE
 aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter/Identica: jaegerandi

Stathis this goes to you mainly, small events like that in Florina( it
cost us around 50 Euros each attendant) can be covered by us since we
do it for the fun of participation and for the road-trip ;-)
Those money I think should go to bigger events, not that I leave those
events out necessary, but if something is to be decided quick I prefer
consume my time at thinking on how I am going to do a good appearance
and have fun than to think about money. Either you can(have the time
and money) to do it, either you don't.

Anyway I wish that we have only 10-20 active (on events) ambassadors
because of the money and now that some money are available to see 153
really active ambassadors and I promise that I will pay all events I
will attend from my pocket, but I bet that the main reason is mostly
time.

Now it is better to think how to organize things at this point and
then we talk about details and exceptions. We all need to work harder
because we have a great project in our hands and our job is to show it
to the world.

That is for now
Sorry for my probably bad English but I was working the last 18 hours
and I am really tired
Kostas

--
http://opensuse.gr