[opensuse-marketing] Special Announcement - Ambassador Travel Funding
Dear awesome Ambassadors and Marketeers,

We are very excited to announce a new program for our Ambassadors to be
able to travel to important events in their regions and promote
openSUSE. Over the past few months, Jos and I lobbied and recently
received approval from Attachmate to create this program. Each quarter,
the Ambassador Team will be allowed to reimburse up to $5,000 (USD) for
transportation/hotel expenses.

How it works:

* At least one month prior to the start of each quarter, ambassadors
discuss and make a proposal for expenses to events and other promotion
opportunities globally.

* The Ambassadors will determine the long term event strategy; deciding
which events should be supported with these funds. Jos and I will
provide any advice or encouragement needed throughout the process.

* Jos has final approval of any expenses. Ambassadors will be
reimbursed up to 80% of their personal expenses.

* Each quarter is as follows:
August 1 - October 31 (Proposal Deadline - July 1)
November 1 - Jan 31 (Proposal Deadline - October 1)
February 1 - April 30 (Proposal Deadline - Jan 1)
May 1 - July 31 (Proposal Deadline - April 1)

Why we are doing this?

We have two purposes here:

A) Tto empower the Ambassador Team to strategically develop a plan of
action and determine for itself where it can make the most successes.

B) To develop a long-term strategy and schedule. This will improve the
flow of funding in a quick manner and also help us to determine what
materials and other preparations are needed for the entire year.

While this is a quarterly program, we encourage the Ambassadors to think
long term (up to 1 year) and identify as many potential events globally.
This will help us to better allocate our limited resources. (For
example, we are already out of Promo DVDs currently. Long-term planning
would help us better anticipate our printing needs.) It will be up to
you to determine how best to discuss/document/propose actions.

Thanks and feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Bryen M Yunashko
openSUSE Marketing Team