Re: [opensuse-marketing] openSUSE Newspaper Advert
On Wednesday 25 May 2011 07:50:13 jdd wrote:
Le 25/05/2011 00:22, Izabel Valverde a écrit :
In Brazil we can easily buy a PC with linux, sometimes a terrible
distro inside, and you are right about the buyers soon change for
windows

like for the netbooks some said "hourrah, we can have XP in place of
Linux", because the linux installed was odd.

May be in Brazil the situation is different. I'm pretty sure the
people that replace Linux by windows don't pay the $200 bill
corresponding but use "free" one!

the best thing we could do should be to target one computer make and
issue an install dvd certified for this make. But this should be done
by country (localisation mandatory) and I don't think we have the man
power to do that. Don't forget many openSUSE applications *don't work
at all* because we couldn't test all sufficiently.

testing the install is the first thing to do, we iobviously don't have
enough testers

jdd

I would like to launch my own brand of computers test the hardware and also
sell the compatible accesories to go with it.

90%+ Wifi works
I would say 99-100% of network and sound works (if you ignore pulseaudio).

I can purchase a range of prebuilt unbranded computers without operating
systems from £99+ trade I am going to order one of each next week and see how
well they work.

I will feed back the results.
--
Kind Regards