Re: [opensuse-marketing] Contributor Recognition - how can we do it?
On Thursday, April 07, 2011 1:38:47 PM Chuck Payne wrote:
On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday, April 07, 2011 14:58:53 Kostas Koudaras wrote:
Yeap but on the other hand there are people that are not members(yet
?!?) and contributed and members that are not active anymore and they
did not contributed on 11.4.

The not active anymore is something we have to sort out with the
foundation as well - yeah...

Oh god, it is really difficult to decide whom to leave in and out.
Come on people, Feedback...

Yeah, please! ;)

Andreas

This is my thought on what to give once we pick who are contributor.

I think would be a great award, and you could make up a couple
thousands. Are pins with the Geeko, I know Carlos has made a few. With
the phrase "I Contribute!". Along with this pin the person get a nice
cert that they can frame that states for their work for contributing
to the openSUSE Project on such and such. The pins can be made for a
couple dollars, and cert for about 50 cent to a dollar.

Now for people like Manu and others that go way and beyond, then it
would be up to board to give them some nice little award. In fact,
maybe every year pick the one person that has gone out their way high
light their work to the project. Then maybe pick four others that have
done as much.

Flash Drive a expensive. If I had to guess the same price as boxset.

I like this approach Chuck mentioned. I made Tux lapel or pin and people loved
it. They did anything to get it. It would be nice receiving a openSUSE pin and
a nice Recognition Letter with Recognition Certifcate. I believe most people
would feel good with those and increase their valuable contribution.

it is possible to organize levels of contribution ( Silver, Gold, Platinum,
Premium or Emerald, Ruby, Diamond ) and areas for contribution (programming,
admin, social networking & marketing, wiki maintainer, documetation,
translating, bug fixing, tutorial builder, package maintainer, testers, etc.),
It's another stuff wether It's possible to make recognition in areas (it will
improve the people integration beyond coders) making a complet community.

If it's possible to give a special recognitions using voucher or discount
(i.e. LPI certification, Books, etc.) will be a plus. The good part it does
not need to send a package anywhere. ;-)

These are my ideas at this moment. Hope is helpful.

Regards,

--
Ricardo Chung | openSUSE Linux Ambassador
Panama

openSUSE 11.4 | KDE 4.6.00 release 6 |
Mesa 3D-Nouveau Gallium 7.10 video drivers