Re: [opensuse-marketing] How to contribute to openSUSE?
  • From: Helen South <helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 08:42:11 +1100
On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 5:18 AM, Michael Miller
<Michael.Miller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Helen,
. I missed the SCaLE event last month due to
travel but heard that Jos did a great presentation there.

It was HUGE. It was my first conference so I was amazed - met so many
interesting people. One of my favorite parts was meeting many enthused
users and people with such a rich variety of backgrounds. It's given
me some good context for future writing.

Also, you might not believe this but I've actually used your drawing
guides on about.com! I've been trying to self-learn drawing for the last
3 years or so and came across the content on about.com about 2 years
ago. Would love to see some of your work - do you post any artwork on
Flickr? You can look me up there as MMDrawings (but only if you promise
not to laugh too much!).

Oh cool! That's brilliant. I have a handful of pieces on Flickr, not
much, so I should have a scanning session. Your work is progressing
really well. I'd be happy to chat with you off list about drawing
anytime :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/helensouth/

Zonker, who used to be the community manager and is now with
Linux.com, draws too.

cheers,

Helen

--