[opensuse-marketing] Re: [opensuse-ambassadors] PromoDVDs 11.3 - clear our stock
On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 4:31 AM, Bryen M. Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 2011-02-19 at 03:47 +0000, Nelson Marques wrote:
On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 3:34 AM, Miguel Barajas <migbarajas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi there,

 Maybe there is a couple of Technology magazines in Mexico that will
be interested on ships promo dvds, how many disk can you give away?

Miguel,

Great idea. Could be interesting to approach also other magazines and
friendly press to distribute them, and maybe advertise already for the
upcoming 11.4.

+1

NM

Actually, that would be precisely why magazines would be less likely to
want to distribute older 11.3's.

So you don't know for sure? Miguel seems to believe otherwise, maybe
not your regional zone, I'm sure that in some zones of the world they
would probably be welcomed, specially when internet isn't served like
in Europe.

They'd want to be current and provide
press coverage for the next release, not for something that is 8 months
old.

I don't think you got the picture, but have it your way (like always).

But in any case, we're already talking to several magazines who
are planning to send out 11.4's as soon as its ready.

the 11.3 Promo DVDs are most useful towards "normal people" as Henne
categorized.  :-)

Yeah, 'normal people' don't buy magazines ;).

Bryen

--
nelson marques
nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx