Re: [opensuse-marketing] DVD cover for 11.4
  • From: stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 21:12:01 +0000
Dear Javier

http://en.opensuse.org/Buy_openSUSE
http://www.open-slx.com
http://www.bolin.org.uk/opencart/

Take a look their.

Stuart
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

-----Original Message-----
From: Javier Llorente <javier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 21:45:43
To: <opensuse-marketing@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [opensuse-marketing] DVD cover for 11.4

El Miércoles, 9 de Febrero de 2011 15:23:52 Stephan Barth escribió:
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 02:03:55PM +0100, Klaas Freitag wrote:
Am Mittwoch 09 Februar 2011, 00:23:11 schrieb Bryen M. Yunashko:
Hi,

1. They completely circumvented the community on the 11.3 design and
that caused an uproar. They agreed after to work with the marketing
and artwork teams on this. I reached out directly to them, as a
board member, a month ago to remind them of this promise. And they
have yet to do anything. And now, from you, I hear for the first time
that they are going ahead with whatever design they have with no time
frame for us to work on this. This is a slap in the face of
community work. And quite typical of openslx's tendency to hijack
portions of the community. Just look what they did to German OWN
today!

Agreed.

Last time the design of the Promo DVDs was taken just out of the lack of
another proper proposal. If we as a project can come up with something
fitting in our artwork strategy for 11.4 there is no reason to discuss
that. I am sure open-slx is deeply enough in the community that they're
seeing whats going on and do their box design for the commercial one
accordingly along with the commuinty design or discuss. If not, its their
decision.

OK, this is my first post on the list and I don't know the artwork
strategy, but I would like to have the old "mathematical shapes" back or
how you want to call them. They made a real difference back then and they
still would serve that purpose today too. A lot of people loved them.

What openSUSE release box had that? Got a link? Sorry, but I don't know what
you mean.

Cheers,
--
Javier Llorente

N‹§²æìr¸›y隊Z)z{.±éš®G­Šx>º{.nÇ+‰·¨¥éìºÇ¨®h­§]ŠØ¨�©\¢iš�Û™¨¥¢—§²ë™ªäzاƒè^–š)z{.±ê+
< Previous Next >