Re: [opensuse-marketing] Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposed OBS rename / + BRETZN name
Hi,

Op woensdag 02 februari 2011 22:42:23 schreef Jos Poortvliet:
Maybe before we can be attractive to developers we have to be
attractive to end users, so that they ditch their distribution
repositories and use ours (which isn't supported by any distribution).
So for you to succeded this is probably one of the issues that needs
to be worked out first... Make OBS a repository of reference to other
distributions.

There are such repositories having packages for other distro's, right?

There is this one:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/rbos:/ib/

IB means InkomstenBelasting, or translated from Dutch into English it is just
ordinary "tax", that probably rings a bell ;) Info about this particular
repository can be found here:
http://radoeka.wordpress.com/2010/01/08/het-is-er-weer-tijd-voor-
belastingaangifte/

As I already wrote yesterday another important expect is, which not openSUSE
user is going to get his or her software from download.opensuse.org. But I
can very well imagine that it is not easy to change, as there are probably
quite a lot of systems involved such as mirrors and methodes that determine
the closest mirror to the user, etc.

--
Richard