[opensuse-marketing] Upgrade Label for Promo DVDs
A couple of weeks ago, I made plans to personally order some stickers to
attach to our Promo DVDs at the upcoming SCALE conference in Los
Angeles. The event is 2 weeks prior to the release of 11.4.

The focus of the sticker was clearly to provide an upgrade path for
receivers of the promo DVD at SCALE.

As I mentioned it to Manu, he offered to join in with me and design the
label, which I gladly accepted his offer because I like seeing people
jump in to help. We discussed it openly in the IRC channel and then
other people saw and joined in.

Unfortunately, for me, the discussion quickly changed to a very
different focus and I'm having a bit of a difficult time justifying
paying for the sticker in its present design, which is co-designed by
Manu and Carlos.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a very beautiful design, but it has a
serious redundancy issue. In the sticker, I had wanted to point to
http://en.opensuse.org//SDB:System_upgrade. Sure its an ugly URL but at
least it got the users to the right place. Howeever, the discussion
shifted to changing the URL to www.opensuse.org. My problem with this
is that it is redundant because that URL is already on the DVD cover
itself, plus it is on many other materials we will give out. And the
focus changed also from experienced users to n00b users, which is not
our primary audience.

So, I would really like to rediscuss this label before I send it to the
printers ASAP. I am honestly not comfortable paying for stickers that
say what is already said elsewhere. Any thoughts, folks?

Here's the sticker design by Carlos and Manu:
http://en.opensuse.org/File:Card17CR.png

Thanks,
Bryen