Re: [opensuse-marketing] Fwd: flyer
  • From: Chuck Payne <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:19:58 -0500
Bruno,

The link from the git, when I download it, it save, but I can use it.
Does anyone know how to get the correct logo from git. Sorry, I am new
to git.

Chuck

On 2011-01-27 Helen wrote:
G'day,

here's the poster we threw together for Jos yesterday, and thanks to
the folks who helped with this. It's pretty rough, lots of things
could be improved but with just a few hours from concept to completion
I'm pretty happy. It's the first time I've really used Scribus too. So
this needs a bit of polishing before it is included in our resources.
(improve text and design, fix alignment. Maybe lose some of the box
borders for a cleaner look. That sort of thing.)

This one was to be printed black and white, but I was thinking, if it
was printed in color, some sort of blue ice theme would be fun, to
play on the 'cool' idea.

By the way Scribus is a bloody excellent program, if you haven't tried
it do have a go. It's surprisingly intuitive, at first I had to hunt
around the menus to find the attribute I wanted to edit but it didn't
take long to start making sense.

If you are using Scribus, stick with the current versio n for now
(3.3.? I think rather than the 3.9 version which is not backwards
compatible).

cheers

Helen

just for everyone - the latest version is attached as PDF. Obviously we'll
make sure this ends up on http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Marketing_materials
:D

you just do a wrong thing, use a old openSUSE logo and worst you pick it at
72dpi (check image attribute & properties in scribus)

I thing that would be not "super good" printing it at 72dpi. I think it's too
late for this one,
but version 3 need it.

--

Bruno Friedmann