Re: [opensuse-marketing] Poster for Magazine
  • From: Chuck Payne <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 06:42:35 -0500
On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 6:31 AM, Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Friday 21 January 2011 00:48:21 Helen wrote:
Inkscape, Gimp and a program called Artrage that I have on my mac.
It's a nice little program with a realistic interface - you can pin
references around your work just like you would in real life. Oh also
I found an online SVG 'translator' to vectorize my drawing

http://www.roitsystems.com/cgi-bin/autotrace/tracer.pl

However I am *so* not a designer - I mostly use pencil and watercolor.
So a bit of a learning curve. Also my work is usually a naturalistic
look, not the crisp cartoon style that we use for illustration.

I don't know how it got from "I'll take a look and see if I can come
up with something" to "Helen assures me she's all over it...."

We just expect a lot from you... ;-)

I'm thinking of doing some photo-editing instead, there's a few nice
public domain images which will look good with a green background.

However I keep hoping Robert will wave a magic wand....

Yeah, me too. Unfortunately, he is ill, I understood from his manager, which
should explain his silence ;-)

(meanwhile trying to get my drivers sorted on the desktop so I can
actually apply some processing power....)

cheers

Helen

Me or Robert? I better today, thank you. Just need to make sure I get
sleep. Is there anything you need for me?

openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.