Re: [opensuse-marketing] Work Decreased but still lots to do
  • From: Manu Gupta <manugupt1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 05:19:07 +0530
On Mon, 2011-01-03 at 01:42 +0200, Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr)
wrote:
στις 03/01/2011 12:06 πμ, O/H Helen έγραψε:
This is the official one maintained by us

OpenSUSE
http://www.facebook.com/pages/OpenSUSE/16720390225
2705 ppl like this
wall is empty!
no description or content

Correct me if I'm wrong. openSUSE is correct and not OpenSUSE. Maybe the
title must be something like Official Facebook page of openSUSE.
Anyways, this is empty. The facebook group if full of information.

This is the official one
http://www.facebook.com/pages/openSUSE/45393742283

I agree to a point with Manu, we don't want to upset fans who are
trying to do something nice with pages, so I think the first thing to
do is try to get in touch with them.

Is the logo and the name under CC? If so, can be used by others wisely.
It's like living advertisement for us. Someone must monitor them (check
for posts).

I think we need to continually point those seeking support to Forum,
as the Facebook page is really not the place for these things. Forum
is better than IRC as solutions become searchable and are there for
others to see.

Forum boost other distro communities.
Facebook is a place for advartisement. We need it for newbies.
We all know the positives and negatives of the forum and IRC. We can use
them as tools for our community.