Re: [opensuse-marketing] Promoting SUSE Studio by making a contest for it (some thoughts)
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 11:29:03 +0100
On Thursday 11 November 2010 01:54:58 Satoru Matsumoto wrote:
(2010/11/11 4:30), Kostas Koudaras wrote:
It is, the only restriction here is using of trademarks.

Please let me know because we are a few steps behind on making a deal
and I would like to be sure on what I am talking about to others,
their concern is that none can have commercial rights and that the
product(distribution) is free for anyone.

If you remove the openSUSE-branding packages, you have no problems at
all,

Or if I don't,so that this way to promote openSUSE which is my Primary
target,I could ask permission from the board to use it,right?

No.
Refer to
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Trademark_Guidelines#Contact_Information

"You may contact us regarding these Guidelines, including regarding
requests for permission, at permission@xxxxxxxxxxx"

I'd recommend you to read whole the page, though. ;-)

In the end the board will answer it nevertheless - but you're right, the
address for this is permissions@...

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany