Re: [opensuse-marketing] Promoting SUSE Studio by making a contest for it (some thoughts)
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 11:29:03 +0100
On Thursday 11 November 2010 01:54:58 Satoru Matsumoto wrote:
(2010/11/11 4:30), Kostas Koudaras wrote:
It is, the only restriction here is using of trademarks.

Please let me know because we are a few steps behind on making a deal
and I would like to be sure on what I am talking about to others,
their concern is that none can have commercial rights and that the
product(distribution) is free for anyone.

If you remove the openSUSE-branding packages, you have no problems at

Or if I don't,so that this way to promote openSUSE which is my Primary
target,I could ask permission from the board to use it,right?

Refer to

"You may contact us regarding these Guidelines, including regarding
requests for permission, at permission@xxxxxxxxxxx"

I'd recommend you to read whole the page, though. ;-)

In the end the board will answer it nevertheless - but you're right, the
address for this is permissions@...

Andreas Jaeger, Program Manager openSUSE, aj@{,}
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany