Re: [opensuse-marketing] Debian OSC report
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 20:51:51 +0100
Hi,

Le lundi 01 novembre 2010, à 20:27 +0100, Andreas Jaeger a écrit :
On Saturday 30 October 2010 16:59:21 Bryen M. Yunashko wrote:
On Sat, 2010-10-30 at 17:01 +0200, S.Kemter wrote:
Am Samstag 30 Oktober 2010, 15:37:16 schrieb Bryen M. Yunashko:
On Sat, 2010-10-30 at 09:47 +0200, jdd wrote:
did you notice this?

http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2010/10/msg00096.html

jdd

Are you subscribed to this list or is anyone else here subscribed?
I'd like to have a correction to that posting but don't want to
subscribe if i don't have to. :-)

The post associated Vuntz with Ubuntu. In fact, he's ours, not
theirs! :-) Can someone correct this?

Had a little conversation with Rhonda after he published it, from his
point of view he has right. So look after planet.ubuntu.com u can
find there vuntz ;)

br gnokii

Thanks,
Bryen

I don't understand. How does he have the right to say Vuntz represents
Ubuntu? He's one of our folks.

AFAIK before Vincent joined Novell and openSUSE, he was involved with
Ubuntu. I've CC'ed him so that he can answer himself,

Right. I was involved in Ubuntu a while ago (2004-2006, I'd say, before
I chose to focus on GNOME), and I'm still an Ubuntu member. I'm
following what's happening there, because I have friends in the Ubuntu
world and because it's important for upstream GNOME.

That being said, I'm much more a GNOME/openSUSE person than a
Ubuntu/GNOME one (I'm using openSUSE, and I contributed much more to
openSUSE than to Ubuntu). I guess it's safe to say that I don't
represent Ubuntu in any way anymore, and I certainly wasn't at the
openSUSE conference with a Ubuntu hat :-)

If people absolutely want to give me a Ubuntu hat, then I should be
considered as a GNOME/openSUSE/Ubuntu person. And we could maybe add
some freedesktop.org stuff in there to be complete ;-)

cc'ing Gerfried so he knows about this.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.