Re: [opensuse-marketing] feedback on news
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 21:45:26 +0200
On 2010-10-28 jdd wrote:
(...) the LibreOffice efforts (part of openSUSE!) (...)

but is "libreoffice" more part of opensuse than any other OBS
application? If so where was this discussed?

Good question. I think to some extend yes, as quite a few well-known upstream
people from LibreOffice are active in openSUSE or at least were at our last
conference, use openSUSE and like the color Green :D

an other fork seems for me a very bad news when done before any public
criticism of he original project (on our support - why should I have
to read openoffice lists?)

The bad situation in OpenOffice was widely known for years - surely not
specifically in openSUSE but on say LWN.net, osnews.com, etc etc etc.

jdd

< Previous Next >