Re: [opensuse-marketing] feedback on news
  • From: "Sascha 'saigkill' Manns" <samannsml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:55:16 +0200
Hello Jos,

normally that Mail shoud go to the editors in PM. But now you're posted
it in an official Mailinglist, and so i'm writng to you official.

Am Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2010 00:37:24 wrote Jos Poortvliet:
But for something like the weekly news, I think it might make sense
for the team doing it to think about what their purpose is - yes,
informing the community. But those part of it or very close most
likely do follow the planet. The weekly news is most likely read by
users further away from the project and journalists and such - who
don't have to be bothered by infighting or bad news ;-)
As Satoru has written, actually our Team are four People. 2 of them are
writing just two Parts of the openSUSE Weekly News. Satoru and I
collecting Article for the Rest. And Satoru does also the Proofreading
Desk. On this place: Thanks a lot, Satoru. The Weekly News can't be
without you.
In my Case i have many to do outside the openSUSE Project. So i must
decide, if i read Mail or RSS News, in a short time, which Article is
interesting. And if its interesting then we try to find out which is the
best place. I think this is the same as by Satoru. ATM we're an our
Limit.
To clarify: We don't people who say: "This must be changed". We need
People who doing this. So i'm happy to read between your lines, that you
would give up a assignment, and join the Team.
As little Proposal: Please keep in mind, that we are an international
Community. And you have offended my japanese Mate. Please read a book
about international native customs and native practices.
So i think, that we can do many more in marketing openSUSE.

--
Sincerely yours

Sascha Manns
open-slx GmbH
openSUSE Community & Support Agent
openSUSE Marketing Team

Blog: http://saigkill.wordpress.com
Web: http://www.saschamanns.de

Web: http://www.open-slx.de (openSUSE Box Support German)
Web: http://www.open-slx.com (openSUSE Box Support English)
Open-SLX : Linux convenient, simple, secure and complete