Re: [opensuse-marketing] Re: openSUSE Shop maintainer
  • From: Robert Lihm <rlihm@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 12:21:51 +0200

On 08.10.2010, at 10:02, Michael Loeffler wrote:

Moin,
On Friday 08 October 2010 02:41:06 Shayon Mukherjee wrote:
On 10/07/2010 11:03 AM, Michael Loeffler wrote:
Hello all ,

Thanks Robert for the update. Ping anytime (one of us) in case you need
some help with the tasks.

About the shops : My experience with Myntra was not good, the product
described is not exactly (100%) what they send.It differs in respect to
quality and design .Also I am not sure if country specific stores will
benefit or feasible.I guess Robert can answer that.Else , sounds good to
me. *Spreadshirt +1

I'd focus first on the existing spreadshirt shop and enhance here and
wouldn't add any new shops for regions spreadshirt isn't shipping to.
Each additional shop adds work.

+1 . And how do you plan to enhance ? I feel that , we should
upload/create few more designs . In other words , give users/public more
options to choose from . I find the current state is really limited .
Also we can add lot many other stuffs like Mugs , stickers , etc .
Fully agreed.

+1

In designs (for Sweatshirts and T-shirts)- we already have some good
logo's . Things which we actually require are some real good
slogans.Which would make the users feel good , wearing them- that said
it should make them feel geeky and show the openSUSE (Gecko) love.

Something like: Geek by nature , Linux by choice - Re-phrase -->> Geek
by nature , openSUSE by choice.
The above is just an example :) .
In 2007 we had a "slogan" contest. The winner was:

openSUSE - Linux for open minds

Why not using that ?

And this was the collection of slogans we received:
http://old-en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Slogan

What about the "/me ha fun!" under the openSUSE logo? ;-)

How ever, one thing is, that we have just a basic account at Spreadshirt. This
give us some limitations like we can upload only -not sure- 3 vector images. We
can upload as many bitmap-images as we want, but this can be printed only on
white background.
@michl: Maybe we should think about a pro account? It would bring many
advantages like localised shops and so on.

Next thing is, that we need to summarise spreadhirts rules and our brand guide
to a how to. So that people in the community can contribute artwork which work.

So far :-)

Robert

Best
Michael

Also we need to investigate more on the taste of the openSUSE lovers. I
mean how or what actually they want to show their love towards openSUSE
(through our shop-this , we need to figure out) . I hope I made myself
clear ...

What we do currently with spreadshirt is that we've chosen some items,
gave them an openSUSE design and set our price tag.
Our price tag, what dose this mean ?
Spreadshirt sell their stuff at their price. Let's take a something which
would cost 15 €/$ per unit. We add normally 1 or 2 €/$ and sell it then
for more. This difference (1 or 2 €/$) then goes into our pockets. This
"our pockets" is currently Novell as openSUSE isn't yet a legal entity.
With an openSUSE Foundation we could redirect this income to the
Foundation. And to give you a better picture - we're not talking about a
high sales rate. So we sell with the two shops 30 items a month we have
a good month.

Nice! And more options make ---> MORE SALE ;)

Any other ideas are welcome .. :)

Best

Cheers !
Sj

--
Michael Löffler, Product Management

---

Robert Lihm, Webdesigner - openSUSE Boosters Team
Tel: +49-911-74053-0 - rlihm@xxxxxxx