Re: [opensuse-marketing] Re: openSUSE Shop maintainer
  • From: Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 18:03:05 +0200
Moni,
On Thursday 07 October 2010 17:11:56 Shayon Mukherjee wrote:
On 10/07/2010 09:39 AM, Manu Gupta wrote:
Hi
There are a few websites in India that can take care of the shop too

http://www.myntra.com/

They usually reply fast ie within a week.

Contacting them could be good.. they even do 20 - 30 tshirts :)

However, the only think we need to keep in mind is for India we cannot
keep the rate as high as in Europe/ US otherwise no one will buy them.
Standard t- shirt rates in India 3 - 6 Euros ie 3 is optimal and 6 is
worst case scenario again.

Theres one more site

http://www.24hoursloot.com/ that delivers only in India

you can see it here too...

However I am not sure whether they will allow to keep this up in our
website.. if we wish too, contacting them can help.. Also I am not
sure about the distribution of profits(if we do that).. as I have not
been involved in that kind of exchang

Hello all ,

Thanks Robert for the update. Ping anytime (one of us) in case you need
some help with the tasks.

About the shops : My experience with Myntra was not good, the product
described is not exactly (100%) what they send.It differs in respect to
quality and design .Also I am not sure if country specific stores will
benefit or feasible.I guess Robert can answer that.Else , sounds good to
me. *Spreadshirt +1
I'd focus first on the existing spreadshirt shop and enhance here and wouldn't
add any new shops for regions spreadshirt isn't shipping to. Each additional
shop adds work.

What we do currently with spreadshirt is that we've chosen some items, gave
them an openSUSE design and set our price tag.
Our price tag, what dose this mean ?
Spreadshirt sell their stuff at their price. Let's take a something which
would cost 15 €/$ per unit. We add normally 1 or 2 €/$ and sell it then for
more. This difference (1 or 2 €/$) then goes into our pockets. This "our
pockets" is currently Novell as openSUSE isn't yet a legal entity. With an
openSUSE Foundation we could redirect this income to the Foundation. And to
give you a better picture - we're not talking about a high sales rate. So we
sell with the two shops 30 items a month we have a good month.

Best

After the update is done (current ---> Bento). I would like to see some
more designs in the store.So how we do that ? I have some options with me.

--
Michael Löffler, Product Management