[opensuse-marketing] Re: [opensuse-ambassadors] Request for promotional material for events in Thessaloniki, Greece
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:35:30 +0200
On Monday 06 September 2010 11:14:39 Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr) wrote:
Hello friends,

The LUG I'm member will participate to the International Trade fair in
Thessaloniki, Greece [1]. It will be 11-19 of September 2010. You're
welcome to visit my country. We'll setup a small area with computers
with some games and we will cooperate with scouts of my city, for the
parallel event Kids and Fun [2]. With this area, we will have a booth
where we will inform parents and everyone who's interested about FOSS.
According to their first page [1], they had 250000 visitors for the
whole fair last year.We expect minimum about 10000 Adult visitors and
over 25000 kids and teenagers to our event.
Since it's Software Freedom Day during the fair period, we discuss with
them to have a small booth dedicated to this special day for us. Since
it's in discussion along with other parallel activities our LUG (and we
as openSUSE ambassadors will be there), we didn't write it on the
official SFD page, but we plan to do it until Thursday when all of this
will be official.

As ambassadors, we'll organize the openSUSE team (with Kostas Koudaras
[3] who applied for ambassador) of the LUG to be present there.
For that reason I ask you to send as many as cds/dvds you think we can
have and also any other promotional material you can provide us.
Language isn't a problem since there will be from other countries as
well (the page [1] say 20 countries). Although we will translate and
give away some kind of general information Brochure or Flyer about
openSUSE in Greek.

Also, on 1-3rd October 2010, we'll participate in an open event (Park
Festival) about the celebration of the 100th anniversary of Scouts but
this time we will have also a 2 small talks one for the kids and one for
parents-teachers and a tent over the entire course of events. The talks
will be about the FOSS and will present 2-3 distributions
(openSUSE,Ubuntu,Fedora). I'm thinking to present L-i-f-e to
professors-parents. For that event I was told that we expect about 2000.
Kostas Koudaras [3] will help me organizing a small booth for openSUSE.
So we also need promotional material.

At the International Trade Fair (11-19 of September) and the Park
Festival (1-3 of October) we will have mostly kids and teenagers so we
already planned some games around FOSS and openSUSE but due to the long
period of events if anyone has a good suggestion about a game so that we
could keep their attention for more please tell us about it...

For Software Freedom Day we are planning on visiting a junior High
school (we will announce which school in a couple of days when it'll be
official from both sides) where we will have the time to make an
introduction of openSUSE (after our LUG's presentations of FOSS) to the
students and at the end of that we arranged to have a meeting with the
school teachers to introduce them openSUSE L-I-F-E and maybe make
arrangements for installing it on a class for testing it.

We expect on taking great amount of experience from all this and write
everything about it on the wiki, along with any kind of problems we may
find in our path.We will try and expect on expanding the Greek openSUSE
community to another level.

We can combine all three events on sending us promotional items, to
eliminate costs.

Incredibly cool, good work!

If you send andreas Jaeger and Michael loeffler an email with the address the
stuff needs to go to and an estimate of what you need, they'll take care of it!

Regards,
Stathis

[1] http://www.helexpo.gr/default.aspx?lang=en-US&loc=1&page=1642

[2] http://www.helexpo.gr/default.aspx?lang=en-US&loc=1&page=1652