Re: [opensuse-marketing] openSUSE Build Service - Call to arms!
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 20:40:44 +0200
Hey,

On 09/08/2010 06:54 PM, Nelson Marques wrote:
On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 14:48 +0200, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
On 08.09.2010 14:42, Nelson Marques wrote:
On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 14:29 +0200, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
On 07.09.2010 18:43, Nelson Marques wrote:

* Marketing Team, is it possible that we create a simple Marketing
Banner/Badge, whatever to create a wiki template for Marketing articles?

Can you maybe elaborate on what you expect? Whats "wrong" with the
general article template? :)

I suppose there's nothing wrong with it. I was just wondering if we
could give some more projection to marketing team.

Please, elaborate.

Well, it's nothing that makes a difference, but I was used to it from
another project, where Marketing, Ambassadors and other sub-projects had
a top banner (template) which flagged the article/page with the team
which created it.

Example: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Nmarques

The top banner is a template. It's nice to use in the project as people
will identify you with the 'role' you have or to the sub-project where
you contribute.

For a user page i understand this but for random pages? A reader does
not care who wrote the material. As long as its discoverable and
readable. And what if two team collaborate on a page? Are we going to
show two banners? I don't think this is a good idea.

By the way, what's the template used for 'quotations'?

There is none. You could use Template:Info. If that doesn't fit you we
can come up with one.

Will do. By the way if you _dont_ have a wiki page with the templates
available, please send me a list of them and the location/category to
use and I'll make one for reference for future usage.

There is of course Help:Template and Help:Standard_templates

I would also like to know what would be the best place to file this
article on the current wiki structure.

That depends on the content of the article. As this is about the
buildservice it goes to the openSUSE: namespace and should at least be
linked from Portal:Build Service

Once it's nearly done, then I'll bring this up again.

Just put it somewhere :)

For the time being, it's being piratepad. :) Once it's to be transferred
I'll shop around for advice.

What i said above is the advice. Just put it somewhere and if it does
not fit then we can move it. Don't let the question of location putt you
off a wiki contribution.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.