Re: [opensuse-marketing] openSUSE 11.3 Launch - Social Media
  • From: "Sankar P" <psankar@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 04:30:32 -0600
On 7/15/2010 at 03:29 PM, in message <201007151159.10648.aj@xxxxxxxxxx>,
Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The release announcement will use this URL
http://news.opensuse.org/2010/07/15/opensuse-11-3-is-here/

bit.ly short link:
http://bit.ly/openSUSE11_3

Please use the above bit.ly URL everywhere!

If you tweet about it, remember to use "#openSUSE" and only use the
canconcial URL!

I also ask everybody to digg the story from the news article!

Our goal is to become a trending topic on twitter and reach the
frontpage of digg!

I suggest submitting to reddit.com as well It is more popular these days.

IMO, it is a little difficult to be part of trending topics. We (as well as
Ubuntu iirc) failed last time. Neverthless, we will give our best and make
openSUSE rock :-)

Sankar