[opensuse-marketing] RFC: Ambassador welcome email
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:29:44 +0200
The last marketing meeting, I - as current "ambassador contact" - was asked to
write a nice welcome email to new ambassadors. The email should also explain
a bit the ambassador program so that the new ambassadors know what they are
signing up for.

I'm appending below my first version, is there anything else you suggest for
that email?

Thanks,
Andreas

Hi,

glad that you like to join openSUSE as an ambassador to promote
openSUSE.

I have a couple of questions for you:
* What have you done already for openSUSE?
* What are your plans for promoting openSUSE?
* What do you need to start promoting openSUSE?
* What do you think is the best kept secret of openSUSE?
* Why do you love to do this?

The ambassador program is currently pretty informal and we expect the
ambassadors to organize themselves. So, please coordinate with other
ambassadors on the opensuse-marketing mailing list:
* share with them what you like to do
* share what you did, e.g. what kind of event did you organize, how
many people joined
* share what you learned, explain what was great at your event, what
you want to improve
* create material that is usefull for you and other ambassadors as
well

Also, as an ambassador, you're the expert on your country/region, so
please share on the opensuse-marketing mailing list a bit about the
openSUSE and the FOSS community in your country/region, e.g. what are
their needs.

For adding you to the ambassador list at
http://wiki.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Ambassadors_list, please tell me:
your country, region/city and your user page in the wiki.

Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany