[opensuse-marketing] Today's Meeting Results
  • From: "Bryen M. Yunashko" <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 13:53:19 -0500
You can read the full text of today's meeting at:
http://community.opensuse.org/meetings/opensuse-marketing/2010/

Topics:

1. openSUSE Conference
- Michl has engaged the Linux News Media organization in Germany to
cover the Conference. Way to go, Michl!
- In discussing LinkedIn for CFP announcements, we realized that we have
multiple LinkedIn groups and need to figure out how to consolidate or
communicate between all groups effectively.

2. 11.3 Release
- People are on track with launch tasks at
http://en.opensuse.org/Marketing/Team/11_3_Launch
- More volunteers are welcome to join our tasks as assistant or create
new tasks if you feel something fits you.
- suseROCKs will maintain presence in #opensuse-Marketing channel most
days at 14:00 UTC for one hour to focus on 11.3 discussions and work
with others on their tasks.

3. Ambassadorships
- Gnokii is doing great job looking at what to do about ambassador list
and get it more current
- AJ will send private links to early downloads of 11.3 for validated
ambassadors and launch party organizers. If you need to get early
release of 11.3, please contact gnokii and let him know your status.
- We will have dedicated meeting topic after 11.3 to discuss state of
Ambassadorship. Where can we improve, where do we provide more
assistance to Ambassadors, etc.

4. Miscellaneous topics
- Question asked about where to subscribe to calendar of openSUSE events
and meeting reminders. You can subscribe via .ics to news.opensuse.org
calendar.
- SJ is planning to create some promo videos and is going to post his
concept(s) on Marketing list for discussion.

Next formal meeting of openSUSE is 13-July-2010 at 15:00 UTC. See you
all there, but don't be a stranger before then!

Bryen M Yunashko