Re: [opensuse-marketing] Promotional Video Concept for upcoming release
  • From: "Bryen M. Yunashko" <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:57:41 -0500
On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 18:23 +0100, Nelson Marques wrote:
Hi,

I hope you don't understand me wrong with this participation, but I
think it's one of the best Linux promotional videos I've ever seen and
does fit a wide audience. I know it's Fedora, and though I'm a Fedora
Marketing contributor, we weren't even aware of it.

Please notice that openSUSE does offer different value perceived by the
users, and has trump cards like OpenOffice Novell Edition that are
pretty nice. This video is Goddard and GNOME, which also is interesting
if we look by Novell's/OpenSUSE view because once more we applications
like Evolution that are nice.

I would probably fit also somewhere AppArmor ;)

Anyway, this is a just a though on how we can keep simplicity and
deliever a powerful message to our audiences. This video was made by
Russian Fedora (http://www.russianfedora.ru), and from my scope of view
it's the best I've seen promoting Linux.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbCO0jT6L3Q

nelson.

PS: My goal is not advertising Fedora, just show work from one of our
contributors and eventually show that simplicity can bring finesse and
pass a powerful message. Some references of interest:

Me: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Nmarques
My turf: http://aborrecido.wordpress.com (temporary, soon will swap to
http://nmarques.digitalwhores.com)
Color Meanings: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Color_Meanings