[opensuse-marketing] Promotional Video Concept for upcoming release
  • From: Shayon Mukherjee <sj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 22:26:16 +0530
Hi all,

I missed to discuss this in the meeting today (personal reasons :-) ) .
So I have a concept/idea on what Promo video should be like.Since it is
just a proposal , further additions or opinions are very much welcome.
Before you start - try to imagine the scenario as it goes and sorry in
advance , my writing skills are not excellent :-) so it may be difficult
for you to understand . But together we can work this out.

Layout- The theme of the video will be: Statue feature - people or
rather the surrounding stops (giving an astonished look [1] ) seeing a
person using openSUSE and the feature (the latest additions). And when
the boy moves out (giving a bit strange and cute look) - shut his
Laptops lid , things get back to normal , that is - no one is in statue
mode anymore .

For example , say the First Scene could be-
The boy is with his machine (laptop) in the park (something like this
[2] ) browsing the system also at the same time the feature will be
showcased and a Man passes by, it would great if we make him wear a geek
t-shirt :-) . Okay! , so as soon the man sees the boy working on his
machine the man stops (statue mode) giving an astonished look - a bit
less than this [1] :-) .Then the boys eye turns toward the man , he
wonders what happened and moves out . [[ End of first scene]].

This kind of thing goes on , say for around 2 more scenes , thus making
it more interesting. Say the second scene in a mall?. And then we end
the movie by mentioning "openSUSE XX.X - Get it or stay where you are"
(well we can improvise the statement too- this is just for now :-) )

So now , I am waiting to hear from you all . On how we can modify this
more or you have something else to share? If so plz reply back .

One last thing , this kind of thing can take a lot of time . So IMO it
would be better for 12.0 . Or , am I the only thinking that way :-) ?

[1]
http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1569/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1569R-160053.jpg
[2]
http://shayonj.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/arnot-hill-walk-in-the-park.jpg

Thanks and waiting to hear from you all !

--
Regards
SJ (Shayon)