Re: [opensuse-marketing] Re: more then 30 Ambassadors in India
On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 16:08 +0200, S.Kemter wrote:
Hello,

As I was explaining earlier, most of the students register as ambassadors
mainly for projects,
and then they drift off when they get a job. The number of Linux jobs is
not as high as on something else,
like say Java, Finance sector based jobs, etc. in our part of the world.

I think there isnt a difference between Germany or India. Here do
students in her studying time more for FLOSS projects as after it.
After that they have jobs and family and spent not more a lot of time
for it.

But in her study time they do something and its noticeable. So it cant
be that all 30 ambassadors from India are not students anymore.
Let it be a third whats with the other 20 ambassadors? There should be
more activity or think u not?

Also, piracy is so common that there
are people who can autocomplete FCKGW- without stopping for breath.
Cyberorg is a hero but most of the others
dont spend enough time, once they get a job. I agree, The ambassador list
needs a cleanup if they dont have an
email address written on the user page.

Sure, think we have to clean up that. On the end I think we need the
same solution like fedora has for the ambassadors. They had the same
problem with guys from India signed as ambassador only for get an
fedoraproject mail address.

I don't believe that translates the truth. As far as I am aware
@fedoraproject.org emails are handed by the time you sign up and accept
the CLA on FAS2.

The problem is how we sort out the inactive ambassaadors?

br gnokii

Sankar
http://psankar.blogspot.com