[opensuse-marketing] Re: more then 30 Ambassadors in India
  • From: "Sankar P" <psankar@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 04:26:29 -0600
On 6/28/2010 at 03:38 PM, in message
<1277719699.25725.0.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "S.Kemter"
<buergermeister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

There are things I cant understand, we have more then 30 Ambassadors in
India but only 1 Launch Party for 11.3. For 11.2 there was only 3.

So now I am asking why is that so? Whats the problem in India that 30
people cant do more as 1 party?
Or forgot u only to write ur launch events to

http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_11.3_Launch_Party_Locations ??

The following Ambassadors have no mail address written on her user page
in the wiki as is requested in the "what to do to become a Ambassador"

http://en.opensuse.org/User:Pramodxyle
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Dreamzchm
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Amrish
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Dhruvkapoor7
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Kushvarma
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Amolgupta
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Roshansingh
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Cryptik

http://en.opensuse.org/User:Abhradipm

IIRC he was a one-issue person demanding us to call GNU/Linux

http://en.opensuse.org/User:Bhaskodagama

Give u 10 days to change that, after that I remove u from the list!

As I was explaining earlier, most of the students register as ambassadors
mainly for projects, and then they drift off when they get a job. The number of
Linux jobs is not as high as on something else, like say Java, Finance sector
based jobs, etc. in our part of the world. Also, piracy is so common that there
are people who can autocomplete FCKGW- without stopping for breath. Cyberorg
is a hero but most of the others dont spend enough time, once they get a job. I
agree, The ambassador list needs a cleanup if they dont have an email address
written on the user page.

Sankar
http://psankar.blogspot.com