Re: [opensuse-marketing] Post mortem of obs 1.8/2.0 release
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 14:21:14 +0200
Hi,

On 11.06.2010 17:28, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

What else can we do better next time? What did we do great this time?

1. Think about the benefits for the people you release it too and
emphasize that in the announcement. You're trying to sell something here
:) No one is interested in OBS, everybody is interested in what it can
do for them. You need to explain this in simple, short sentences without
too many details. The hanky is not squishy. The hanky protects your
nose. The Ferrari is not fast, the Ferrari is freedom on wheels.

2. Have less paragraphs and use more connecting text. We are trained to
stop reading if there is a paragraph. They are a very powerful thing in
text and you should use them sparsely. You have around 500 words and 10
paragraphs.

3. Screenshots, Buttons, Banners. Humans are visual animals. Jonna
learns shapes and colors before reading right? We need to see things to
believe (buy) them.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.