Re: [opensuse-marketing] openSUSE @ LinuxTag - concept to be discussed
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 15:55:17 +0200
Hello,

on Freitag, 7. Mai 2010, Michael Loeffler wrote:
On Thursday 06 May 2010 17:44:43 Jan Weber wrote:
Michael Loeffler wrote:
- As during LinuxTag the well known and not interesting soccer
world champion ship starts wee may use our screen to broadcast
soccer games live (provided we conquer any technical hurdles) to
attract countless people to our booth.

Although I think it is a good idea and might attract people, I do
have some concerns: Isn't there something like GEMA or GEZ that we
have to pay a fee to show this in public, I had an issue like that
happening with something similar and well it is expensive if you
don't start it right.

Damned, that's a real big nearly non-doable hurdle ;-)
I consider it more a bureaucracy hurdle which needs a bit work and a
few bugs to spend.

www.jugend.rlp.de/public_viewing.html should give you some insights
about the paperwork and fees... (IANAL, therefore no warranty for
correctness of the information - but I hope the "Landesjugendring" knows
what they are doing ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Actually the _real_ "minimal package set" is having no package at
all because having no package at all resolves all dependencies of