Re: [opensuse-marketing] openSUSE @ LinuxTag - concept to be discussed
  • From: Jan Weber <jan.weber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 17:44:43 +0200
Moin,
Michael Loeffler wrote:
Now the very smart concept for that one:
- henne and other nobel prize winners will tutor interested people some
highly
secret stuff such as hacking your first plasmoid, rolling a package in the
build service etc.. We think about up to 4 sessions each up to 2h per day

Great idea, especially with upcoming OBS 2.0 and we could invite people from
other projects to see how easy it is to build cross distribution packages with
OBS.
Besides the fact that hands-on sessions are always are very good idea :)

- Each day at 5pm will do the well known openSUSE quiz where people can win
terrific prizes such as openSUSE t-shirts, openSUSE soccer ball or even a
Kicker subscription to stay up to date around soccer

Well known? I must have missed something, IIRC at least Tarent was giving away a
smartphone at 5pm each day and again IIRC they told me that they are going to do
this again, so a different time might be better.

- As during LinuxTag the well known and not interesting soccer world champion
ship starts wee may use our screen to broadcast soccer games live (provided
we conquer any technical hurdles) to attract countless people to our booth.

Although I think it is a good idea and might attract people, I do have some
concerns: Isn't there something like GEMA or GEZ that we have to pay a fee to
show this in public, I had an issue like that happening with something similar
and well it is expensive if you don't start it right.

Please let me know what you think about both proposals above. Do I completely
miss the point or can we rescue it with some fine tuning.

I think both proposals are good, I do hope that we get proposal b) as it seems
to be much more fun :)

Btw: when I understand the LinuxTag guys correctly we can call out wishes
with
which project we may be a perfect fit on such an island booth. Please check
http://www.linuxtag.org/2010/en/visitors/exhibition.html and tell me who
might
be the perfect fit for us.

Tough! When reading the list there is one Project/Company that I know uses
openSUSE as there operating system (I saw it at CLT) which is GeneSZ, they are
developing software that helps with model driven development.
The folks from MandrivaUser.de are always fun to hang out with at events, maybe
they would be a match.
KDE could also be a perfect fit.

Is there a number of perfect fits we should achieve?

My 2 cents,

Jan