[opensuse-marketing] openSUSE @ LinuxTag - concept to be discussed
  • From: Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 12:03:56 +0200
Moin,

see attached the draft I made in cooperation with an high profile and very
expensive advertising agency. So please handle it with respect.

First some back round. The outstanding openSUSE project was accepted to
receive a project booth at LinuxTag, Berlin. Those booths are normally rather
small as they come at no cost. But the organizer told us, if you come up with
a smart concept we may give you a larger space or group you with other
projects on a so called island booth (which is of course much more attractive
as being locked in a shoe box). Therefor we put up two proposals a) and b). a)
is the shoe box and b) a larger booth with a very smart concept.

Proposal a)
- 3x2 metres
- with 2 workstations (called "C" in the draft)
- 1 side board to store what ever we have (called "S" in the draft)
- 2 openSUSE roll-up sign

Proposal b)
- 5x2 metres
- with 2 workstations (called "C" in the draft)
- 1 side board to store what ever we have (called "S" in the draft)
- 2 openSUSE roll-up sign
- 1 presentation area with screen and 5 chairs

Now the very smart concept for that one:
- henne and other nobel prize winners will tutor interested people some highly
secret stuff such as hacking your first plasmoid, rolling a package in the
build service etc.. We think about up to 4 sessions each up to 2h per day
- Each day at 5pm will do the well known openSUSE quiz where people can win
terrific prizes such as openSUSE t-shirts, openSUSE soccer ball or even a
Kicker subscription to stay up to date around soccer
- As during LinuxTag the well known and not interesting soccer world champion
ship starts wee may use our screen to broadcast soccer games live (provided
we conquer any technical hurdles) to attract countless people to our booth.

Please let me know what you think about both proposals above. Do I completely
miss the point or can we rescue it with some fine tuning.

Btw: when I understand the LinuxTag guys correctly we can call out wishes with
which project we may be a perfect fit on such an island booth. Please check
http://www.linuxtag.org/2010/en/visitors/exhibition.html and tell me who might
be the perfect fit for us.

Best

Michael Löffler, Product Management